Yo yo yo

Thanks for visiting my blog!! Basically you should follow me, because #1 I'm really cool. #2 I write about my life...whats more interesting? Nothing. #3 I post lots of sweet pictures....and basically that's all I can think of right now.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Hanukkah/Chanukah

I'm very happy to share my blog with you this week (more than any other week anyway), because today is day 2 of HANUKKAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes! I yam Jewish. Here is my Menorah:



It is lovely :D

So, since I am not home and cannot recieve my eight gifts this year, my lovely lovely sister (whom is Catholic might I add) is trying her hardest to accomodate me. She doesn't need to, but she is a lovely person like I said. So, yesterday for the first day of Hanukkah she got me a BestBuy gift card :) and today she got me gelt! Which is chocolate in gold covering in the shape of coins. It looks like money, but it's chocolate...like I said. Looks like dis:



Lovely :D
And it's yummy!

So that is NOT all. Everyone in class is aware of my jewish-ness and I brough Matzo. Uhh (for you uncultured people, Matzo looks like this:)


It's un-levened bread. It's delicious with cream cheese.

Okay, so I share my Matzo. People love it. And today, my friend named Juan who isn't Jewish, but once upon a time went to a bar mitzvah (P.S. if you spell bar mitzvah out onto your iPhone is corrects it to armpits hahaha), and they gave him a yammica and he brought it and wore it to class today so I wouldn't be the only Hanukkah celebrater in class today! How nice. Here he is:



And here is MarQuise. He wanted to be a black Jew (his words, not mine.)



That's all about being jewish, eating Matzo, wearing yammicas, and it being Hanukkah. Now, on to FOOD!

Okay, so we made a variety of delicious things today:


Freakin fruit baskets! They're da bomb. Fo sho.



FRUIT TART! I made it. Looks delicious cuz it WAS!




I so so so so made these crepes AND the raspberry whipped cream (my own invention; should be sold for $100 an ounce it was so amazing!) And I made raspberry sauce, and raspberry jelly! It was a raspberry day.

We made other things as well, but this week was THE BEST food week ever.

THAN, for the best stinkin part EVER! After we ate, our Chef gave us all like little bags with crap in it and mine and some others had a water gun in it. Holy crap, we had a war. Like I was so soaked when I was done it was ridiculous. I would have taken pictures, but uhh I was too busy shooting water & lemonade at people.


P.S. It doesn't look crazy and insane at all, but I assure you it really was.

But here is a picture of me and muhh amazing team. We got 1st this week. Cuz we da bomb!!




The End :D

No comments:

Post a Comment