Yo yo yo

Thanks for visiting my blog!! Basically you should follow me, because #1 I'm really cool. #2 I write about my life...whats more interesting? Nothing. #3 I post lots of sweet pictures....and basically that's all I can think of right now.

Friday, August 28, 2009

SOS

I'm going to admit for a minute what a dork I am. When I moved away from home I told my grandpa I would write him letters, updating him on my situation....college....whatever you wanna call it. Well anyhoo, I did! I'm a good granddaughter sometimes and he texted me (yeah hes like almost 80 and texts) yesterday a 5 page text message that said the following:

Gaby, I got your letter yesterday and I want to tell you a story. When I was 19 I joined the navy and I didn't know anyone. We didn't get clean clothes, food, or showers. I was homesick and depressed for weeks, but I started making friends. We all were in the same boat and we came together and that is what got me through. Eventually things started getting easier and I know the same will happen for you.

Needless to say, it was an estrogen fest with some major waterworks. He was right though. Yesterday was probably the best day I have had since I got to DC. I made a bunch of friends yesterday when we were all forced to do something that made us all uncomfortable. We came together and helped eachother out.

The point of my speal is that I was right (for once! Woot!) and I just needed to give it some time. I love my grandpa, he always knows how to make me feel better. I can't wait to go home and see him.

SHOUT OUT: This may be lame, but I want to give Brooke Klebe a shout out and say YOU'RE AWESOME! Thanks for being my very first follower.

Ha. Okay peace baby.

2 comments:

  1. You always hated it when I made the class do group activities. I can see you complaining about it plain as day. Well, your Grandpa sounds awesome and he hit the nail on the head. You'll do great!! and there are alot of proud folks back in Missouri waiting to see what awesome things you'll do.

    The Tech Guy

    ReplyDelete