Yo yo yo

Thanks for visiting my blog!! Basically you should follow me, because #1 I'm really cool. #2 I write about my life...whats more interesting? Nothing. #3 I post lots of sweet pictures....and basically that's all I can think of right now.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

College, Friends, and Homesickness

I started college the 20th of this month. It wasn't anything I thought it was going to be. I thought moving to a new state, making new friends, and going to a new school would be adventurous and exciting. Needless to say that the moment I walked through the door of my new apartment in DC, I felt homesick. I went to orientation which was a crazy 9 hour nightmare and on top of that, no one really seemed to want to make new friends. Last Thursday, like I said, was my first day of school. I gave it a chance, it still sucked and I was hoping that telling my mom all this crap would get her to say " Everyone goes through this, give it a chance." She didn't. She said the words I didn't need to hear; "Well, do you want to just move back home?." It hurt, because I felt like I didn't have any encouragment at all. I want to love it here, I want to make a bunch of friends and I don't want to move back home. I have a fresh start right infront of me and I can either take it and run with it, or I could just give up. I am choosing to give this entire opportunity hope and I am choosing to stick it out. I can make this great. I know I can.

Just as I thought this out, my encouragement came. My best friend, who is thousands of miles away, off to college himself has been my support. He has listened to me complain about being here and he has told me I'm not alone. His mom said to him what I needed my mom to say to me. I'm glad I'm not in this alone. Not only would that suck, but I could easily have given up by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment